- Application Form – Fill out and submit the application below. You will receive an email conformation shortly after submission.
- Candidate’s Statement – Complete and submit the candidate’s statement.
- Letters of Recommendation – Arrange to have two letters of recommendation sent on your behalf. Letters of recommendation should be attached to the Referee Section page (attached here) and returned directly by your referees. Letters may be mailed or emailed to the addresses below before the deadline, February 15th, 2020. If mailing, providing your referees with a pre-addressed stamped envelope will expedite our receipt of your letters.
- Transcripts – Send transcripts of all your undergraduate work (including work at the University of Oregon) to the email address below. Note: a copy is okay, these do not have to be “official” transcripts.
Where to Send Your Materials
Send your transcripts and letters of recommendation directly to the Materials Science Institute at the address below. Application materials may by sent by email, fax, or regular mail.
REU Program – Materials Science Institute
C/O Priscilla Lewis
1253 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1252
All mailed items must be post-marked by February 15th, 2020.
All other materials:
- After you have submitted your application, please keep us informed of any change in your contact information.
- Please note that information provided in this application may be used to report statistics to the National Science Foundation or other reporting agencies in an aggregate report. All information provided will remain confidential.
- You must be a US citizen to be eligible for this program.